Upload Photos Refer a PRO
  ECHO Means Business FORUM
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to home page 
Whats one piece of equipment you're looking to buy this season to help make money  XML
Forum Index » Professional Users and Equipment
Mowin4Money

Pro-User

[Avatar]

Sat May 13, 2017 7:06 PM

Mowin4Money wrote:Commercial Broadcast Spreader.

I used one of the Scotts broadcast spreader with plastic wheels. NOT FUN after 5000 sq ft.

Just bought a Lesco 50# Commercial Spreader. Time to make that money back quickly.

Mow and Grow Together

www.cplawnservices.com
ExtraO17

Pro-User

Mon Apr 10, 2017 4:43 PM

Me I am looking to purchase a dump truck this year. My brightest set back was getting materials on site.
itshisturf

UAG Member

Mon Aug 20, 2018 1:52 AM

I am looking to upgrade my trucks. I am building custom beds for every crew so that it makes them more productive in the field. I am also looking to buy a heavy duty bumper pull equipment trailer. Either a tilt or flip up/down ramps to haul my bobcat t650.
eskewlawncare

Pro-User

[Avatar]

Fri Jul 27, 2018 6:54 AM

Echo 3020t
Wright zk 61
Mowers getting a lot of hours need a new one and I always buy a least one new trimmer a year.
Joe 4 Hire

Pro-User

[Avatar]

Mon Jun 26, 2017 11:13 AM

For me, I would love to get a small stander mower for the small gates that lead to big yards inside the fence. Either a 32" or 36". I have thinking about this for a couple of years now. One thing that holds me back is the amount of hills/slopes in my town. My choice would either be a Wright or a Toro Grandstand.
DirtyDeedsWorks

UAG Member

[Avatar]

Tue Nov 27, 2018 10:05 PM

It has rained continuously where we live, with very little interruption over the past year. All the rain has made it difficult to mow our customers with our ZeroTurns as they are HEAVY.

Because we are scared of a repeat of the rain this coming season next year, Ma and I have decided on getting a very light footprint, large tired mower so we can mower with out causing ruts in our clients yards. We've been shopping around, and the Husqvarna TS354D stands out to us as a great mower for large yards, but still has a light footprint. The locking differential would also come in handy for when we DO eventually get stuck.

I like to tinker with used old junk mowers in the winter slow months, and I've come up with a few ideas to turn a lawn tractor into a dually rear wheeled mower. Gonna play with that design hopefully hear soon. If that works, saves buying a new mower!

----------------------------------------
Ma & Pa Lee
Dirty Deeds Landscaping & Lawncare
www.facebook.com/DirtyDeedsWorks
www.instagram.com/DirtyDeedsWorks
FraserOutdoor

UAG Member

[Avatar]

Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:49 PM

I would love to get a debris loader for leaf pickup. I see that being a big money maker in my area as no one offers that service. Also looking at a Wright 36 inch stander. On the hard scale side I want to upgrade to a full sized skid steer get a bigger dual axel dump and a mini ex. Lots of things but I will see what I can afford come new year.
solowcutslandscaping

UAG Member

[Avatar]

Mon Nov 26, 2018 11:19 PM

I would like to add a 36" stand on unit. I received a lot of calls this past year for lawn maintenance and they have a gated back yard. I'm not going to push mow, just not how I want my business model. So, to add a stand on unit is in the future for me!
Jacquelinestuebs

Pro-User

[Avatar]

Sat Dec 22, 2018 2:52 PM

One thing I think our company should invest in is a backpack blower. Right now we are just using a Ryobi handheld blower (which has a bit of power for a handheld, but not as much as a backpack). This would really help for clean-ups, with a lot of leaves. Another thing is that when using the handheld, it has a lot of vibration and strain on your shoulder and arm, so we constantly have to turn it off for a few minutes until we are ready again.
Abbigailstuebs

Pro-User

[Avatar]

Sat Dec 22, 2018 2:27 PM

I've been looking at commercial mowers to purchase for this upcoming season. Our push mowers are only meant for residential use, so we are thinking about upgrading to a walk behind. This would allow us to pick up the clients we have been declining due to their larger properties.

Abbigail Stuebs- JAR Landscaping LLC

Instagram: @jarlandscapingllc
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCdgjWxJ87aKBZ5qyQy-EZQA
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/jarlandscapingllc
Jmorenolm2000

UAG Member

[Avatar]

Fri Jul 6, 2018 1:13 AM

for me the one equipment would probably be a toro dingo
Jmorenolm2000

UAG Member

[Avatar]

Fri Jul 6, 2018 1:13 AM

that one piece of equipment would be a TORO DINGO
LandscapesbyAcme

UAG Member

[Avatar]

Tue Oct 23, 2018 4:56 AM

Iam looking at getting a standon mower, probably a 36 and maybe a new spreader for our fertilizations. Looking at wright mowers and gravelys for the mowers and thinking of trying out the new spreaders from ECHO to test and see how the last up.

2019/2020 UAG Member

FOLLOW us on Instagram @LandscapesbyAcme or http://www.instagram.com/LandscapesbyAcme

SUBSCRIBE to our YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCzcHUgvKvLzBJ-soZ1SCDhA
Allstarlawn812

Pro-User

[Avatar]

Mon Feb 11, 2019 1:51 AM

This season will be my first full season for myself, I started really late last season and was able to do pretty well for the 3-4 months I was able to cut. This year I plan on bigger trailer first, mower, then truck. A lot of money I know but I think I can accomplish it if I work my little butt off. I plan on doing this with cash up front to keep my overhead down.
Sandpiper_Landscapes

Pro-User

[Avatar]

Thu Apr 4, 2019 9:18 PM

This season I have several large acreage equestrian properties that I maintain along with a handful of small residential properties. One of these properties has about 1000 feet of small Bradford pear trees that they like to keep shaped into round balls. They currently have a ranch hand who does the shaping, but he retires in about a month, and this task will be handed over to me. So the top item on my list right now is a hedge trimmer with an extension pole so that I can trim them from the ground without a ladder.

Another top priority is to invest in a larger mower that can help cut my mowing times down. Three of the large acreage properties I have under contract are over 17 acres each of just fine grass mowing. One is over 36-acres but only half of it is mowed at a time as we alternate every two weeks on which half gets mowed. So I am looking for a 72, or even something large like the Hustler 104". I am also considering a tractor with a tri-wing mower implement, but for what I will pay for that setup I would be able to buy two large mowers and put a second guy out mowing these large properties with me.

A third priority is to invest in another Echo string trimmer, and a dedicated edger. Right now I am using an edging attachment on another brand's trimmer, but it seriously lacks in power. It's worked up until now because I have very few clients who have anything to edge, but one of these large equestrian properties has several concrete walkways between barns and arenas, and I edge them.

A power sweep attachment would be nice as well for a few properties that have gravel driveways that spill over into the grass, and I think I could sell a once or twice a year service to sweep all of the gravel back into the driveway. This is a very low priority for me right now though.

We specialize in large-acreage mowing.

Forum Index » Professional Users and Equipment
Go to: